According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), approximately 10 percent of people older than 55 are living with debilitating knee pain caused by osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis occurs when the joint cartilage and bone deteriorates, causing stiffness and more often than not, pain.
Whether caused by an injury, carrying excess weight or simply pulling the short end of the genetic stick, knee osteoarthritis pain can make life miserable and can lessen one’s ability to live the active lifestyle they would otherwise be living.
These Exercises Could Help Reduce Joint Pain
However, all is not lost. There are ways to ease discomfort in that area that can also help delay or avoid knee replacement surgery. Here are some easy exercises that may help lessen your joint pain.
- Stair Step-Ups: Place one foot on the first step of a stairway and hang onto the wall or banister for balance. Raise your other foot off the ground and hold for a second. Step back down and repeat six more times.
- Up and Downs: Sit firm in a chair with your feet flat on the floor and your arms crossed. In a single, controlled movement, stand up slowly until you’re at full height. Hold for a few seconds and then sit down again. Repeat for about 1 minute.
- Leg Flexes: Sit on the floor with your legs together and extended out in front of you. Bend your right knee inward until you can feel a gentle stretch of the thigh muscles. Hold for about 5 seconds and then stretch your leg straight again. Repeat 10 times with each leg.
- Knee Rolls: Lie flat on your back with knees bent inward and your arms extended. Lower your knees in one direction, trying to hold them together as you do this until you can feel a gentle stretch in your thighs. Hold for 5 seconds and then curl your knees back to the center. Repeat 10 times on each side.
- Leg Lifts: Lie on your right side using your right hand to support your head and your left to keep you in balance. Slowly lift your leg up as straight as you can. Hold for a few seconds and then slowly lower back down. Repeat 10 times with each leg.
Arthrokinex Is an All-Natural Joint Pain Solution With No Side Effects
Additionally, there are other options for those suffering from osteoarthritis, including:
- Physical therapy
- Prescription pain management medication
If these seem like extreme treatments, there is one other option available that most struggling with joint pain may not know about. Arthrokinex is a non-surgical and all-natural treatment option that can help patients either delay or avoid surgery with no side effects.
Essentially, the Arthrokinex protein solution is isolated from the patient’s own blood and re-injected back into the affected joint. This regenerative medicinal solution not only relieves joint pain, but allows the joint to naturally heal itself over time. The best part? The procedure is virtually painless.
Interested in learning more? Call now to speak with one of our experienced nurses and schedule your free consultation.